iRobot 610 Roomba Professional Series Review
This is my very first roomba, and I wish I saw and read about this before Christmas so I could have asked hubby for it as gift. I did purchase mine from Hammacher Schlemmer because of the lifetime warranty, plus I got a free shipping on top of a off, so I got mine for 9.00 with all the add-on paraphernalia.
I work full time as an RN. I have only two-three days off in a week, sometimes I work weekends. We have 5 cats. Even if we have 3 teens who we have trained to "clean up," realistically, they do not do a good job of maintaining a clean house (or clean rooms), unless we parents are there to supervise. Hubby is also not much help, as he only volunteers to do a thorough clean up once in a blue moon, and picks up his mess once in a while.
Well, now that I got Viki (named after the iRobot movie's computer rebel), my youngest kid (12) was so fascinated that he immediately learned to use it and clean it when it came (before I even had the chance to do same). My husband was so enthralled with the technology (hubby does homebased job and is quite a technophile) and Viki's efficiency but knows how to "maintain" this expensive electronic gadget by keeping things off the floor (small wires, elastics, big pieces of paper, etc.), cleaning the brushes, saving Viki from her predicament in times it would "call" for help, and not wanting to run Viki everyday (which could potentially wear it off quickly). The implication? He now picks up his own mess and I don't have to restrain myself anymore from nagging him about it (he is one of the biggest mess-makers at home!). He enjoys seeing the dirt that accumulates in the bin after one cleaning.
Both of us enjoy coming home to a tidy house.
Now I am trading the time I used to bend, reach under bed/furniture with the traditional vacuum cleaner, push/pull the vacuum cable, etc., with time to run on my treadmill instead, while watching a movie
I am the happiest member now in our household, and when mama is happy, everyone is happy.
iRobot 610 Roomba Professional Series Feature
- Schedule up to seven cleaning times per week for Roomba to clean when it's most convenient for you
- Professional grade Virtual Wall Lighthouses create invisible barriers that block Roomba from entering off-limit areas or direct Roomba to completely vacuum one room before sending it to the next room
- Two interchangeable cleaning bins: Vacuuming Debris Bin-Ideal for routine maintenance of all floors and cleaning deep into carpet and rug fibers. High Capacity Sweeper Bin- That holds three times more debris than the stander vacuuming bin
- Three Cleaning Modes: Clean Mode-enables the Roomba to calculate the room size and maximize the coverage-per-room. Max Mode-enables Roomba to clean larger areas. Spot Mode-enables Roomba to clean in an area up to three feet in diameter
- Rugged Accessory Case conveniently stores all of your Roomba Professional Series accessories. Includes 1 extra Bristle Brush, 1 extra Rubber Beater Brush, 2 extra Side brushes, 2 extra Filters, 2 Brush Cleaning Tools and houses a cleaning bin.
iRobot 610 Roomba Professional Series Overview
The iRobot Roomba 610 Professional Series Vacuum Cleaning Robot cleans up to four rooms on a single charge. It comes equipped with two interchangeable bins, a high capacity sweeper bin and a vacuuming debris bin, that can be utilized for either everyday cleaning or for picking up larger-than-usual amounts of debris. The Professional Series also has extra brushes, filters and cleaning tools plus a convenient storage case to organize and store the accessories and sweeping bin in one place. Durable paint and bumper guards provide a scratch resistant finish to the Roomba Pro and more protection for furniture and obstacles. An extra long power cord allows greater versatility for charging and storing and storing Roomba on the included, heavy weighted, self-charging Home Base. Two Virtual Wall Light Houses ensure the most efficient room-to-room cleaning, and block off-limit areas. Roomba Pro also features three cleaning modes, including Max Mode that allows maximum cleaning coverage in larger homes, offices or business settings. In Max Mode, Roomba cleans until the battery is almost drained, then it returns it to its Home Base to dock and recharge. The Professional Series is also the only iRobot Roomba Vacuum Cleaning Robot to carry a two-year warranty.
Available at Amazon Check Price Now!
- iRobot R3 500 series 3 pack filter kit
- Roomba 500 Series Side Brush, 3-Pack
- iRobot Scooba® 380 Robot Lava-Pisos
- iRobot 110 Dirt Dog Workshop Robot
- iRobot 82401 Roomba R3 500 Series Replacement-Brush and Filters Kit
iRobot 610 - Bill K. Ameser - Dallas,TX USA
If your looking for something to vacume around the house other than doing it yourself, this maybe the vacume for you. It is NOT a product to replace your vacume.
The Good & The Bad.
1. Does pick up just about everything.
2. Easy to use.
3. Dirt tray takes awhile to fill up and is easy to empty.
4. Not as loud as most vacumes.
1. If you have large rooms, (over 15X15) it may miss some places before it needs to go back to it's base to charge.
2. It won't deep vacume like your standard vacume will. For the size of the unit it does a good job.
3. I have a coffee table that has criss cross wood spindles that it gets stuck under and you need to pull it out from. This is a disadvantage because I can't let it run in this area when I'm out.
4. The side brush that helps remove dirt along walls can flick some things out of the path of the vacume and it may not go over this area again.
5. Pet hair will wrap around pins that hold the brushes in place so the unit must be maintained more than a normal vac.
6. With 3000+ sq.ft. I don't like having to move it from room to room, if I don't it wont hold a charge long enough to clean. Also, if it goes down a hall and into another room, it may not get back out to finish the room it started in. You need to have the infared walls to keep it in the rooms you want cleaned then move the unit to the next area.
So to sum it up. If it was possible to teach the unit your floor plan, program it which rooms to clean so it would know where they are, have it get back to it's charging station from any area of the house and not get stuck under my coffee table, it would be perfect!
Junk - Davido - Ohio
I can't vouch for the newer series of Roombas, but my older one, the "Pro Elite", was a piece of junk. The battery & electronics went kaput in about six months of very light use, and the rubber came off a wheel. Unfortunately, I was tired of dealing with this finiky novelty vac and stored the thing away. Later, I tried to get replacement parts after warranty was out (my mistake). Instead of investing in a 0 to refurbish, I threw it out and bought a Hoover cordless stick vacHoover Platinum Collection Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum which I am pleased with (so far). The other thing with these small robot-vacs is that they are high maintenance. The canisters are tiny and hold an amazingly small amount of debris and the brushes, etc. need constant cleaning. Waaay too much trouble.
Great battery life and good performance - Luis Franco -
The Irobot 610 is performing accordly to our expectations. It reaches underneath the furniture (including our king-sized bed).
*** Product Information and Prices Stored: Feb 20, 2010 08:00:16