Virtual Wall® for Roomba® 500 Series Item #80101 Review
Virtual Wall® for Roomba® 500 Series Item #80101 Feature
- Create an invisible 'wall' to block doorways and other off-limit areas in your home
- Creates an adjustable infrared beam (up to 8) that Roomba will not cross
- Works with iRobot Roomba 500 Series models 510-530 (sold separately)
- Requires 2 D batteries (not included)
Virtual Wall® for Roomba® 500 Series Item #80101 Overview
A Virtual Wall prevents Roomba from entering off-limit areas in your home. Each emits an adjustable infrared beam (up to 8 feet) that Roomba will not cross. Requires 2 D batteries (not included). For use with Roomba 500 Series Vacuum Cleaning Robots only
Available at Amazon Check Price Now!
- Roomba 500 Series Side Brush, 3-Pack
- iRobot R3 500 series 3 pack filter kit
- iRobot 560 Roomba Vacuuming Robot, Black and Silver
- iRobot Roomba 500 Series Virtual Wall Lighthouse - 80201
- FroliCat BOLT Interactive Laser Pet Toy
Handy Add On, but Way over Priced - Lost My Mind - California, United States
The Roomba Virtual Wall works with the 500-series Roomba's. No guarantees on it working for other series.
The product works as advertised, effectively keeping Roomba from crossing an invisible "wall". The wall isn't quite straight over long distances, but it's close enough. The virtual wall is less hassle than moving furniture or boxes to close Roomba in a room or certain space. Most Roomba's come with at least 1 virtual wall so prospective buyers should already know how to use one, how well it works (or doesn't), and why they would want more.
The reason for the 3-stars is the high price. The product itself is not very sophisticated and only a minor update on the previous generation Virtual Walls. It provides no added functionality, battery life is only slightly higher, and it's not any smaller.
I could easily give this product 5-stars if it were half the price... As such, I make due with the one "freebie" and one extra I bought. Ideally, I'd like to get one or two more to take care of a few corners Roomba tends to get stuck.
But, as with most products, accessories and replacement parts is where the real money is made. The iRobot Roomba's are no exception to this rule.
*** Product Information and Prices Stored: Mar 05, 2010 21:00:07